Vignesh Williams Palaniappan, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about providing excellent clinical care that is tailored to each patient, making sure that great communication to both patient’s and their loved ones’ is a daily part of my care. As a hospitalist, I often meet patients on some of the hardest days of their lives, and it’s my job to help them navigate through that.”
Dr. Williams Palaniappan is board-certified in internal medicine and specializes in hospital medicine – caring for patients with acute illness in the hospital setting. He has a particular interest in medical student and resident education and is involved in the residency program, is a faculty advisor for the medical school, and is a preceptor for the HELIX LIC through the medical school.
- Albert TJ, Bradley J, Starks H, Redinger J, Arundel C, Beard A, Caputo L, Chun J, Gunderson CG, Heppe D, Jagannath A, Kent K, Krug M, Laudate J, Palaniappan V, Pensiero A, Sargsyan Z, Sladek E, Tuck M, Cornia PB. Internal Medicine Residents’ Perceptions of Virtual Morning Report: a Multicenter Survey. J Gen Intern Med. 2022, May; 37(6):1422-1428. doi: 10.1007/s11606-021-06963-7. Epub 2021 Jun 25. PMID: 34173198; PMCID: PMC8231750.
- Sullivan KD, Palaniappan V, Espinosa JM. ATM regulates cell fate choice upon p53 activation by modulating mitochondrial turnover and ROS levels. Cell Cycle. 2015;14(1):56-63. doi: 10.4161/15384101.2014.973330. PMID: 25483068; PMCID: PMC4614823.
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
- Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Chief Resident, University of Minnesota Internal Medicine Program, 2019-2020
- Mpls. St. Paul Magazine’s Top Doctors Rising Stars, 2022 Edition
“In my free time I enjoy exploring the twin cities food scene, cooking, playing board games, hiking, hanging out and traveling with my family.”