Dental and Oral Surgery
We provide preventive dental care, from chronic to acute care. Our services include general dental care, specialty care, adult and pediatric care under general anesthesia, oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Each month an average of 1,400 patients are seen. Service is provided to outpatients and inpatients. The ages of the patient population range form pediatrics through geriatrics. They represent a large variety of races and ethnic groups ad various financial backgrounds. They may be insured, underinsured, uninsured. Approximately thirty percent of patients are under age 12, and about ten percent are over age 65.
Care provided ranges from preventive and chronic to acute, simple to complex. Services include general dental care, specialty care, adult and pediatric care under general anesthesia, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and specialty care to patients with compromising medical, physical, mental and emotional conditions. Reconstructive services with maxillofacial prostheses, management of TMJ dysfunction and care of emergency and trauma cases are provided.
- Dental extractions
- Advanced sedation, anesthesia and pain control
- Dental implants
- Correction of dentofacial deformities (orthognathic surgery)
- Facial trauma reconstruction and care, including management of scars and reconstruction of damaged and lost tissue
- Treatment and reconstruction of oral and maxillofacial pathologies
- Procedures to aid in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Botox therapy injections
- Cosmetic procedures of the maxillofacial region
This is a hospital-based clinic owned by Hennepin Healthcare. Many insurance plans pay for health care services provided in a hospital-based clinic differently than those provided in a doctor’s office. Your insurance may require that you meet your annual deductible and/or require that you pay a percentage of the bill rather than just an office visit co-payment. You should check with your insurance company if you have any questions. Read our FAQs about hospital-based clinics to learn more.