Pediatric Trauma Outcomes
Hennepin Healthcare is Minnesota’s premier Level I Pediatric and Adult Trauma Center and offers an unparalleled experience for critically injured children.
Little Lives. Big Futures. Extraordinary Care.
Hennepin Healthcare is Minnesota’s premier Level I Pediatric and Adult Trauma Center and offers an unparalleled experience with critically injured children. Our Pediatric Trauma program is recognized as having among the best outcomes for pediatric trauma patients in the entire nation. The management of trauma patients involves our entire institution, and with a designation for both adult and pediatric trauma care, Hennepin Healthcare can provide trauma care for an entire family at a single hospital.
- Hennepin Healthcare was Minnesota’s first American College of Surgeons designated Level I Trauma Center for both adults and children in 1989.
- Level I Pediatric Trauma Center designation confirms our distinctive expertise in providing critical benefits to injured children.
- Hennepin Healthcare is the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Minneapolis that is able to care for any trauma patient up to 18 years.
- A full range of specialists are equipment are available 24 hours a day, including prompt availability of Pediatric Trauma Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Pediatric Critical Care.
- The Hennepin Healthcare Brain Injury Center and the Pediatric Brain Injury Program are nationally recognized for expertise in care for children with a mild concussion to severe brain injury.
- Hennepin Healthcare is a leader in trauma education and injury prevention.