The Hennepin Stroke Center is a national leader in the treatment of ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes with some of the fastest clot-busting drug delivery times in the U.S. The Hennepin Stroke Center is nationally recognized for rehabilitative care after a stroke occurs. We have earned designation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and American Heart Association / American Stroke Association.
We treat over 80% of patients in less than 60 minutes compared to the national average of 59%.
- Specialized team members - Stroke patients at the Hennepin Stroke Center have 24/7 access to highly specialized stroke experts. Specialties include neurology, vascular neurology, neurocritical care, interventional neurology, and radiology.
- Fastest possible treatment - Two million brain cells die each minute during a stroke. That's why time is of the essence during acute stroke care. Patients who come to Hennepin Stroke Center experience some of the fastest stroke treatment times in the U.S.
- State-of-the-art procedures, including:
- Carotid angioplasty and stent placement
- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke
- Intracranial aneurysm coiling
- Endovascular embolization of arteriovenous malformations
Access Hennepin County Medical Center's annual Stroke Outcome Data (PDF).
For more information about our stroke program call 612-873-8712. To make an appointment with our clinic call 612-873-6963. To refer a patient, contact Hennepin Connect.
We offer physical and emotional follow-up care for patients who have suffered a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA). Follow up in the Stroke Clinic (located in the Neurology Clinic) is focused on a review of the findings of the stroke workup and, when needed, adjustments to the risk reduction plan as well as discussion of any problems or concerns.