The HOPE Program
The HOPE Program is a comprehensive intervention program for people who have experienced the first episode of psychosis.
The HOPE Program is a comprehensive intervention program for people who have experienced a first episode of psychosis. Symptoms of psychosis cause of loss of reality and can include hallucinations (sensing things that others don’t), delusions (false beliefs), and confused thinking and communication (disorganized speech). Treatment in the HOPE Program is provided by a team of mental health professionals who focus on helping people work toward personal goals and recovery. The HOPE Program uses the NAVIGATE model of treatment to accomplish these goals.
The HOPE Program helps individuals and their families navigate the road to recovery by supporting efforts to function well at home, on the job, at school, and in the social world. The program’s philosophy is based on the belief that individuals can learn to cope effectively with symptoms and stressors.
The HOPE Program includes five mental health services:
- Individual therapy focused on learning and practicing new skills for resiliency and recovery
- Individualized psychiatric medication evaluation and management services
- Supported employment and education to support maintaining and/or resuming work and school activities
- Family therapy and education focused on a variety of recovery-oriented topics
- Psychiatric case management to assist with accessing additional community resources
We are located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, on Hennepin County Medical Center's (HCMC) main campus. Our team is comprised of highly-trained, multidisciplinary staff including two psychiatrists, a clinical psychologist, a licensed independent clinical social worker, a supported employment and education specialist, and a psychiatric case worker.
To schedule an intake or request additional information, please call 612-873-5692.
- NAMI – NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families.
- Hennepin County – Find helpful information for people who are in the midst of a mental health crisis.
- Psychiatry Family Resource Center – Find information about mental health at HCMC on our family resource portal.