Day Treatment Program
The William W. Jepson Day Treatment Program (DTP) is an intensive, outpatient psychiatric rehabilitation program. DTP collaborates with individuals recovering from serious mental illness to use their personal strengths, connecting them with supportive community resources, and increasing hope. Our holistic programs have been designed to provide intensive, structured, and recovery-oriented mental health. care.
The Day Treatment Program is divided into several treatment tracks, and participants are assigned a track based on their clinical needs and where they are in their recovery process. Day treatment services are either 3 or 4 days per week and 3 hours per day. We offer groups in both the morning and afternoon. Attendance is important to your recovery, and patients are required to attend all 3 or 4 days per week depending on the track.
While in the program, patients will participate in Psychotherapy Groups, Education/Skills Groups, and other supportive rehab therapies (i.e. occupational therapy, recreational therapy, or wellness)
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of mental health professionals, occupational therapists, and a recreational therapist. Psychiatric services and medication management ARE NOT available in this program, and participants ARE encouraged to continue working with their outpatient therapist and/or psychiatrist. This program does not treat Substance Abuse as a primary diagnosis.
Day Treatment Program serves individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older and no longer in high school.
- experiencing acute or chronic symptoms of mental illness.
- having worsening of symptoms or recent inability to cope with or function due to symptoms.
- residing safely in the community with the support of family and/or community resources during involvement in the program.
- open to addressing their problems and participating in group-based therapy and treatment.
- cognitively capable of benefitting from the skills being taught.
- safe group members without predatory behavior or aggressive behaviors.
- able to remain free from the effects of substances during programming hours.
Our Commitment to Health and Wellness
In addition to mental health recovery, our staff is committed to ensuring physical health and wellness. To that end, active patients in the program have access to regular care from our staff nurse and will be provided resources/referrals for needed health, dental, hearing, and/or vision appointments. Patient care will be supervised by the Medical Director of the program.
Referrals and Intakes
Patients or their caregivers can schedule an intake appointment by calling the program. Internal referrals are made via EPIC, and external referrals are made via fax. Some patients may qualify for expedited intake, admission, or orientation. Please contact the program number for details.