Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I strive to provide the highest quality of medical care, support, and guidance for patients with neurological critical illness and their families.”
“Dr. Martin has experience in caring for patients with a wide range of illnesses of the nervous system. He specializes in treating patients with conditions causing neurological critical illness such as ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, traumatic brain injury, seizures and status epilepticus, neuromuscular disorders causing respiratory failure, brain tumors, and spinal cord injury.”
- Bauerschmidt, Andrew; Martin, Andrew; Claassen, Jan. Advancements in the critical care management of status epilepticus. Current Opinion in Critical Care. 23(2):122-127, April 2017.
- Megjhani M, Terilli K, Martin A, Velazquez A, Claassen J, Roh D, Agarwal S, Smielewski P, Boehme AK, Michael Schmidt J, Park S. Deriving the PRx and CPPopt from 0.2-Hz Data: Establishing Generalizability to Bedmaster Users. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2018;126:179-182.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine Internship, University of Illinois-Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
- Neurology, Harvard University/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
- Neurocritical Care, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
- Neurocritical Care Society
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
“I grew up in Minnesota and am happy to return home following my medical training. I enjoy playing soccer, cooking, going to concerts, and spending time with my family and our basset hound, Bernie. I am a huge fan of the Twins and Notre Dame Football.”