Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Neurology is a fascinating field and it is a privilege to provide care to patients with these conditions. Neurological conditions are complex and it takes a comprehensive evaluation to understand disease processes and find paths to recovery. Shared decision-making is a key part of my practice. Also, in my practice, I explore and utilize the latest scientific evidence and share my thoughts with patients and their families.”
Dr. Sabayan is a board-certified neurologist with a sub-specialization in vascular neurology caring for hospitalized patients with acute neurological illnesses such as stroke. In his clinic, he sees patients with complex brain and spinal cord vascular diseases. He has a special interest in brain health and preventive neurology and is actively participating in resident physician and medical student education locally and nationally.
Additional publications can be found on Google Scholar.
- Sabayan B, et al. The role of population-level preventive care for brain health in aging. Lancet Healthy Longev. 2023;4(6):e274-e283.
- Sabayan B., Primary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke. Semin Neurol. 2022;42(5):571-582.
- Sabayan B, et al. Preventive Neurology: An Emerging Field Toward Brain Health. Neurology. 2021;97(19):916-919.
- Sabayan B, et al. Reducing Risk of Dementia in Older Age. JAMA. 2017;317(19):2028.
- Sabayan B, et al. Association of visit-to-visit blood pressure variability with cognitive function in old age: A prospective cohort study. BMJ. 2013 29;347:f4600.
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Fars Province, Shiraz, IRAN
- Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Vascular Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Elected Alpha Omega Alpha honor society
- Rising Star Top Physician, Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine
- White Paper Research Scholar, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Resident Investigator and Educator Award, Northwestern University
- Doctorate in Clinical Neuroscience, PhD, (cum laude)