James M. Fink, MD, PhD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to meeting the needs of our doctors and patients by ensuring top-quality laboratory results with clinically relevant turn-around times.”
Dr. Fink is a board-certified Clinical Pathologist with expertise in Cytogenetics/Cytogenomics and Hematopathology. He has been instrumental in providing cutting-edge Cytogenetic/Cytogenomic testing at Hennepin County Medical Center and for many other Minnesota Hospitals.
- Dayton VJ, M Linden, J Fink, et al. 2015. Letter to the editor, in reply. Archives Path Lab Med 139(7):846-7.
- Dayton VJ, J Fink, et al. 2014. Quality and adequacy of bone marrow samples obtained by the 2-needle technique: the Minnesota experience. Archives Path Lab Med 138(7):860-2.
- Dvorak L, M Dolan, J Fink, et al. 2013. Correlation between HER2 determined by fluorescence in situ hybridization and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction of the Oncotype DX test. Applied IHC & Molecular Morphol 21:196-9.
- Johnson KJ, CM Blair, J Fink, et al. 2012. Medical conditions and risk of adult myeloid leukemia in Minnesota. Cancer Causes Control 23:1083-9.
- Jafri F, J Fink, et al. 2011. 22q13.32 Deletion and duplication and inversion in the same family: a rare occurrence. Intnl Scholarly Res Network, Pediatrics, article ID 829825:1-4.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Clinical Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Clinical Cytogenetics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Medical Genetics
- American Society of Human Genetics
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- College of American Pathologists
- Board-certified in Clinical Cytogenetics by the American Board of Medical Genetics
- Board-certified in Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Licensed Physician by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Assistant Professor in Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at the University of Minnesota.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Summa cum laude, University of Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health, National Research Service Award
“In my free time I enjoy scuba diving, biking, hiking, reading, and photography, and spending time with family and friends.”