Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing high quality care tailored to the needs of HCMC’s unique and diverse patient population. I work to provide patients and families with the information they need to make complex decisions that are in alignment with their individual needs and goals.”
Dr. Payne is board-certified in General Surgery with specialized fellowship training in Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. She is committed to continuous improvement of trauma care both at HCMC and statewide via her role as Assistant Trauma Medical Director. She also has a special interest in ECMO and is a member of HCMC’s ECMO cannulation team. She has additional training and expertise in robotic surgery, especially for the treatment of hernias, colon cancer, and diverticular disease.
- R.Payne, Blunt aortic injuries in the new era: radiologic findings and polytrauma risk assessment dictates management strategy. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2019 Dec;45(6):951-957. doi: 10.1007/s00068-019-01163-9. Epub 2019 Jun 21.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- General Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- American College of Surgeons
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Physicians for a National Health Program
- Women in Medicine – Top Surgical Critical Care Specialist 2022
“I am passionate about healthcare systems and am an advocate for universal healthcare. I also enjoy boating, especially rowing and kayaking, as well as spoiling my cats.”