Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing recovery oriented psychiatric care that addresses not only symptoms in a shared decision making framework, but also helps the person achieve important goals that give their life meaning.”
Dr. Zeris specializes in serious mental illness, including borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, severe mood disorders and trauma. He trained in dialectical behavioral therapy for borderline personality disorder at the University of Washington. Dr. Zeris likes to work on inter-disciplinary teams with social workers, nurses, psychologists and primary care providers to collaboratively improve psychiatric care in the primary care setting. He has a special interest in end of life/palliative care for patients with mental illness.
- Sexton J, Zeris S, Davies P, Loggers E. Palliative Care Training for Psychiatry Residents: Development of Pilot Curriculum. Academic Psychiatry. 2014 Nov 27.
- Zeris S, Carmel A, Alvarez C, Rizo J. Implementing DBT Informed Inpatient Nursing Care. Institute of Psychiatric Services October 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Zeris S, Thompson A. Ethical Case Analyses in Consultation Liaison Psychiatry: Applying the Four Topic Model. American Psychiatric Association Annual Conference, Poster at the APA Conference May 2013, San Francisco, California.
- Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Association of Community Psychiatrists
- Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; Certified in Psychiatry
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Chief Resident, University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry Harborview Medical Center, Inpatient and Emergency Psychiatry 2014
- Clinical Excellence Award in Psychiatry, University of Washington 2014
- Area of Distinction in Teacher Scholar Pathway, University of Washington 2014
“I enjoy spending time with my family and my dog. I like to be outdoors and like to garden. When I am inside I love to cook.”