Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing recovery oriented psychiatric care that addresses not only symptoms in a shared decision making framework, but also helps the person achieve important goals that give their life meaning.”
Dr. Zeris specializes in serious mental illness, including schizophrenia, severe mood disorders, borderline personality disorder, trauma and mental illness with co-occurring substance use disorders. He trained in dialectical behavioral therapy for borderline personality disorder at the University of Washington. Dr. Zeris is certified in the NAVIGATE protocol for first episode psychosis and works on an interdisciplinary team specializing in the treatment of individuals experiencing their first episode of schizophrenia and their families.
- Sexton J, Zeris S, Davies P, Loggers E. Palliative Care Training for Psychiatry Residents: Development of Pilot Curriculum. Academic Psychiatry. 2014 Nov 27.
- Zeris S, Carmel A, Alvarez C, Rizo J. Implementing DBT Informed Inpatient Nursing Care. Institute of Psychiatric Services October 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Zeris S, Thompson A. Ethical Case Analyses in Consultation Liaison Psychiatry: Applying the Four Topic Model. American Psychiatric Association Annual Conference, Poster at the APA Conference May 2013, San Francisco, California.
- Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Association of Community Psychiatrists
- Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; Certified in Psychiatry
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Chief Resident, University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry Harborview Medical Center, Inpatient and Emergency Psychiatry 2014
- Clinical Excellence Award in Psychiatry, University of Washington 2014
- Area of Distinction in Teacher Scholar Pathway, University of Washington 2014
“I enjoy spending time with my kids, spouse and my golden doodle. I love bike commuting and paddling the Boundary Waters as often as possible. When I am inside I like to cook.”