Emergency and Critical Care Education
The Emergency & Critical Care Education staff includes experienced paramedics, nursing personnel, and physicians, working together to provide quality emergency medical courses.
We offer advanced cardiac and trauma life support courses for physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals.
We offer initial certification courses in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), and an initial Paramedic Certification program.
We also offer continuing education and renewal courses in a traditional classroom setting, online continuing education, and blended-learning sessions that contain both.
Course registration information is available through our online course catalog. Call us at 612-873-5681 or email us at [email protected]create new email and we’re happy to help you. Courses are generally held in the HCMC EMS Education classrooms, located on level one of the HCMC parking ramp facility at 600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN.
Hennepin EMS educational sessions include:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and EMT Refresher
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Paramedic certification program
- Paramedic Refresher, EMT Refresher, EMR Refresher
- Tactical EMS Education for Law Enforcement and Corrections
- EMS Trauma & Critical Care Education Series (EMS-TRACCS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Defensive Tactics 4 Escaping Mitigating Surviving (DT4EMS)
As an authorized training center of the National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) we also offer:
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- AMLS & PHTLS Refreshing
- First on the Scene (FOTS)
- Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)
As an authorized training center of the American Heart Association we also offer:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - online courses available
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - online courses available
- CPR Healthcare Provider