Emergency and Critical Care Education
The Emergency & Critical Care Education staff includes experienced paramedics, nursing personnel, and physicians, working together to provide quality emergency medical courses.
Advanced patient simulators help students learn in a "real-life" patient care environment. Many of our courses are held in the state-of-the-art Hennepin Healthcare Interdisciplinary Simulation and Education Center.
We offer advanced cardiac and trauma life support courses for physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals.
We offer initial certification courses in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), and an initial Paramedic Certification program.
We also offer continuing education and renewal courses in a traditional classroom setting, online continuing education, and blended-learning sessions that contain both.
Our educational sessions include:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and EMT Refresher
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Paramedic certification program
- Paramedic Refresher
- Tactical EMS Education for Law Enforcement and Corrections
- EMS Trauma & Critical Care Education Series (EMS-TRACCS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – online courses available
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – online courses available
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- CPR Healthcare Provider – online courses available
Courses are generally held in the HCMC EMS Education classrooms, located on level one of the HCMC parking ramp facility at 600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN.