Scope of Services
The Hennepin Healthcare Provider Credentialing Services office supports new and existing providers with obtaining, renewing, and maintaining their medical staff membership and their privileges to care for patients at the HCMC downtown hospital campus or any of the Hennepin Healthcare off-site primary care clinics.
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges. This includes:
- Obtaining primary source verification (verifying all data on the application directly with the data source—medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, or licensing board, etc.)
- Assisting department chiefs in assessing current clinical competence for privileges requested
- Identifying and investigating red flags on the credentialing application
- Conduct ongoing verification of licensure, malpractice insurance, DEA registration, and board certification for all applicable practitioners
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of Medicare/Medicaid sanctions and of any disciplinary actions (including actions taken on licensure, DEA registration, hospital privileges, etc.)
- Track Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) completion
- Ensure medical staff compliance with Joint Commission credentialing standards; prepare for and participate in hospital accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Maintain department privilege forms
- Maintain credentials records for active providers and alumni
- Verify Hennepin Healthcare medical staff membership and privileges for other organizations