Each year a mission moment shines the light on a special program during the fund-a-need appeal. Guests get a glimpse into the extraordinary impact our care and expertise has on families, children and our community. The Foundation will take this notable occasion to acknowledge a transformative gift and publicly launch a campaign to support the Center for Family Healing.
This unique concept will be the nation’s first program to address two-generation healthcare between parent and child by acknowledging historical trauma brought on by poverty, racism, abuse, mental illness, homelessness, and other Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE). Clinical services will be provided through the Mother Baby Program, fostering mental health, supportive relationships and parent capacity for families expecting a baby or parenting children ages 0-5 years. The Center will also include integrative health services, on-site child care, training, and a trauma-informed healthcare resource hub.
Previous Impact of Light Up the Night Fund-a-Need Appeals
- Mobile ECMO Simulator and Training for Cardiac Resuscitation
- Cancer Center Multi-lingual Patient Education Program
- Psychiatry Family Resource Center
- Enhancements to TBI Research and Patient Care
- Hi-fidelity Equipment for the Simulation Center
- Community Scholarships for EMT Certification
- 15 Sleeper Sofas for Intensive Care Units
- 60 Baby Bassinets
- 66 Internal Grants to 54 Departments Since 2011