Pediatric Gender & Sexual Health Clinic
The Pediatric Gender & Sexual Health Clinic is a unique and welcoming clinic providing primary care and mental health care to children, adolescents and young adults who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, gender-questioning or gender-nonconforming.
Our team is comprised of physicians, psychologists, social workers and support staff who work together to provide optimal physical and mental health care during these formative years. We know that LGBTQ children who have nurturing and supportive families and health care providers have better outcomes than those who do not. We are here for you and your family.
Examples of services available
- Primary care (e.g. check-ups and vaccinations)
- Mental health care (individual and family therapy, diagnostic assessment and psychological evaluation)
- Pubertal suppression
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Referrals to surgeons or subspecialists as needed
- Referral to community supports or resources as needed
Hennepin Healthcare was one of a select group of 303 healthcare facilities nationwide to be named Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality in 2017, and one of four facilities in Minnesota to be awarded Leader status.