The American College of Physicians recommends Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) as the first line treatment for chronic insomnia.
Listen to Dr. Mark Rosenblum explain what CBT-I is, and how to treat insomnia this way.
Benefits of CBT-I
- Fall asleep faster
- Shorten awakenings during the night
- Improve sleep quality
- Feel more rested
CBT-I is Safe
- CBT-I has few health risks.
- The improvements from CBT-I typically last.
Health Risks Associated with Insomnia
- High blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes
- Depression and anxiety
- Alcohol and drug use
- Motor vehicle accidents and work productivity